I am a 21-year-old who has a passion for traveling. Whether it is somewhere local or a foreign country, I am always on the move.
A Vacation to Remember!
Jamaica is an overwhelmingly beautiful and intoxicating island. Montego Bay, especially, as it is one of the major cities in Jamaica. The beach on my resort, which was the Holiday Inn all-inclusive resort, was well kept and clean. The sand was warm between the toes and the sun was shining the entire time! Not to mention the people there generated nothing but good vibes!
If you're looking for a tropical Caribbean vacation, Jamaica may be what you need! The all-inclusive vacation packages are decently priced and usually include airfare, a shuttle to and from the airport, as well as the resort stay and all the food and drinks you consume while there. Yes, that does include the alcohol as well; I found the Jamaican Me Happy to be my favorite drink. Naturally, you should check the fine print of any all-inclusive stay you book, as some include more perks than others.
What Activities Should You Do in Jamaica?
There are numerous activities to do on the resort itself, as well as off-site excursions if you're feeling very adventurous and would like to venture a little deeper into the island. Here are some of the activities I did while in Jamaica.
On the Resort
- Snorkeling: I did this for about an hour each day. The number of fish, crabs, and other sea creatures I saw throughout my trip was amazing. My back was sunburnt from snorkeling so much!
- Sailing: My resort offered sailboats that the staff would take you out on slightly off the resort's beach.
- Kayaking: I was able to use the kayaks along the beach.
- Beach: Of course on vacation, you will soak up the sun on the beach as much as you can, especially if you're from New York like me.
Off the Resort
- Luminous Lagoon: This was by far one of the best experiences of my life thus far. The lagoon is home to a phosphorescent microbe called the dinoflagellate. This microbe makes the water glow blue when you are in it. I took a boat with a group of people out into the lagoon at night and jumped into the water and got to swim around as the water glowed all around me and on me as the water glistened across my skin.
- Zip Lining: This was part of an all-day tour I was shuttled into the jungle of Jamaica. We got all geared up and zip lined across three different zip lines overlooking gorgeous scenery. One stopped on trees extremely high off the ground—this is not an activity to do if you're afraid of heights!
- Great River Tubing: After the zip lining, the entire group all got into individual tubes and headed down the Great River! The water was refreshing, and I was even able to rope swing into the river and swim!
- Jerk Chicken: Don't miss the chance to try an authentic jerk chicken Jamaican lunch. Trust me—jerk chicken is a big deal in Jamaica, and it's not hard to see why . . . it was delicious! It's chicken grilled with jerk spices and sauce, definitely something you should try at least once while in Jamaica, I highly recommend.
- Horseback Riding: The final activity I did was ride a horse on trails surrounded by beautiful scenery. It was truly relaxing. The horses even traveled through the water. A word to the wise . . . for some reason, they love to poop while in the water, and if a horse in front of you does so, it will most definitely float back to you! I learned that the hard way.
Read More from WanderWisdom
How About the Resort?
The staff at the resort, as well as everyone else I met throughout the trip, were exceptional. They go above and beyond to make your trip memorable. My tour guide on the excursion, especially, made the entire experience.
The food was delicious as well, and they usually have many options at the all-inclusive resorts. These include different restaurants on-site that offer different food options, such as Italian, Japanese, Steakhouses, etc. They usually always have a buffet too for breakfast, lunch, and dinner that has more original options.
A Balance of Adventure and Relaxation
My main goal when traveling is to maintain a good balance of relaxing and taking it easy; usually on a beach for a couple days. However, I get bored easily, so I'm always seeking the next adventure. This is why I personally enjoy all-inclusive vacations.
I get to enjoy the beach, but can also venture off onto different excursions and have a blast trying something new! If you're like me and enjoy the beach and adventure, Jamaica is calling you!
© 2020 Nicole