I want to share my experience in one of the biggest cities in the Philippines with the kindest people in the world.
Where Is Iloilo City?
Iloilo City is located on the Philippine island of Panay. It's notable for its historic buildings and Spanish colonial churches. Jaro Cathedral features a shrine to the town's patron saint, Our Lady of the Candles, on Jaro Plaza. Nelly's Garden is a famous home from the 1920s. The Iloilo Esplanade is a riverside walkway that runs alongside the Iloilo River. The 18th-century Miagao Church features an elegant sandstone exterior to the west.
Iloilo's coast, like most Pacific locations, is blessed with several lovely beaches and off-shore islands teeming with scenic seascapes and diverse marine life. The intrepid tourist will find pleasure from Iloilo's northern islands to the province's southern beaches.
Iloilo City is a tourist hotspot with some of the province's greatest restaurants, museums, hotels, shopping districts, and nightlife. The yearly Dinagyang Festival, gorgeous heritage monuments, delectable fresh seafood, and trademark Ilonggo foods are among the city's most well-known attractions.
Many Spanish-colonial churches, great antique mansions, and old commercial and institutional structures can be found in the city.
Weather and Climate
The wet season in Iloilo is overcast, the dry season is windy and mainly cloudy, and the weather is hot and uncomfortable all year. The temperature normally ranges from 75°F to 93°F throughout the year, with temperatures rarely falling below 72°F or rising over 96°F.
What to Eat in Iloilo
- Chayote is an edible gourd from the cucurbit family that you're probably familiar with.
- Bulalo is a stew made with meat and bone marrow.
- Sinigang is a sour soup that is generally seasoned with tamarind.
- Sinamak is a spicy vinegar.
- Toyo-Mansi is a condiment made from soy sauce.
Read More from WanderWisdom
Nearby Islands: Guimaras
Iloilo is the main entry point to Guimaras. From Parola and Ortiz Wharf in Iloilo City, the island province is 15 minutes away by motorboat or ferry.
A RORO service is provided four times a day from Monday to Saturday and two times on Sunday from Iloilo to Hoskyn, Jordan.
How to Get There
- Flight: Iloilo is one of the Philippines' most accessible cities. Iloilo International Airport can be reached by plane on regular commercial international flights from Hong Kong and Singapore. Iloilo is connected to major cities in the Philippines via direct domestic flights, including Manila, Cebu, Davao, General Santos, Puerto Princesa, and Cagayan de Oro.
- Ferry: Between Iloilo and all major cities in the Philippines, direct ferry routes and roll-on roll-off links on the Philippines' nautical highway are also available.