Renz may not be travel junkie, but he is eager to share the places he's visited all for the love of traveling!
Tired of the busy environment you are in and all the stress it gives you? Why not take a breather in Laguna, Philippines' finest unwinding spot, Nuvali? Cast all your stress away and enjoy what this place has in store for you!
Escaping the Stress!
Nowadays, people are always in the rush and preoccupied by tons of things. Inevitably, we reach a point where we get exhausted. And we start to feel the weight of all the things we are juggling up, especially work. Some people describe this state as a "toxic state". Hence, most people advice us to seek a heavenly sanctuary once in a while. Practical and intuitive, this suggestion will really prevent us from reaching the toxic state of today's busy living.
In this article, we will explore Laguna's finest unwinding spot, Nuvali. To give you an idea: Nuvali is a place for some a dash of enjoyment, nature immersion and adventure where you can enjoy various activities such as biking, sightseeing, fish feeding and more.
The Shuttle Service
If ever you got tired of walking, there would be shuttle buses within the vicinity. What's great about Nuvali is it offers this shuttle service for free. Unfortunately, as of now, it offers only a ride from Technopark to Nuvali and vice versa. Also, why not try biking?
Trivia: These shuttle buses are powered by electricity, which is partly sourced from solar panels.
Nuvali as a Haven
The Place and its Surroundings
Surrounded by a blissful coat of greens, Nuvali is defintely one of those relaxing places to unwind and to recover from the wear and tear busy living has caused you. Nuvali commits itself to sustainability and evoliving and hence created a cleaner and greener environment for everyone to enjoy. Also, within the huge vicinity, there is a 3 hectare tree nursery and demo farm where you can learn about various tree species and enjoy fun activities at the same time. You'll practically be fully immersed with nature!
Since there are only a few tall buildings within the area, you can vividly see the sunset without anything obscuring your view in almost every location. Unlike in congested cities where we need to go near the bay area (or somewhere with less buildings) just to watch how magnificent the sun bids goodbye. Check out the photos on the left, the last one showcases the beautiful sunset in Nuvali.
Best Activities You'll Enjoy
In Nuvali, you'll not just feasting your eye with wonderful scenery. You'll be motivated to try out some outdoor activities! Here are some of the suggested activities you could do in Nuvali:
1. Biking - Biking is surely one of the best things you could do to fully embrace the lush, vibrant nature and surroundings of the place. And since Nuvali is promoting ecological living, the entire area has biking lanes/trails which made it very convenient for you to bike around. Surely, as you start biking you will be placed under a trance, and time will fly without you knowing. Oh, just in case you don't have a bicycle with you, fret not, because Nuvali rents them out at a generous price of Php60.00 ($1.40) an hour.
2. Sightseeing and Bird Watching - We previously established the fact that the place is a magnificent haven for nature immersion. Hence, you could just sit by the grass and enjoy every breath taking scene. Often times, there would be birds flying by, and so you could burn time watching them gracefully dance in the air. (Check out the photos on the right). Certainly, you'll never run out of things to do in Nuvali. Even so, "doing nothing" is impossible in this place.
3. Fish Feeding - This activity will let you appreciate nature and living creatures even more. Watch the fish as they swarm for every fish food you'll feed out. This is definitely a very relaxing scene to enjoy! Unfortunately though, Nuvali only allows you to feed the fish with the fish food bought from them. But don't worry, they're selling it at a generous price of Php15.00 per pack of fish food. ($0.35). Sounds fair, right?
4. Picnics - Having picnics is a very common yet highly enjoyable thing to do here in Nuvali. If you are with your family or with your special someone, this is a very fancy activity you could enjoy! There is grass mostly everywhere. And you may choose any place to set out your blanket and picnic basket. But I suggest, that you pick the spot near the pond since the view there is more magnificent!
It's rare to see birds of this kind, unless you are here in Nuvali, Laguna! It's so breathtaking!
5. Outdoor Movie - Now this is something interesting! We thought that the days when people watch movie outdoor were long over! Now, Nuvali is bringing that "tradition" back all over again! You can get updates on when they show films in their Facebook page.
6. Food Tripping - There are a lot of food joints within the area. If you are looking forward to satisfy your cravings, then this activity will be the best for you. There are restaurants that offer burgers, seafood, snacks, ice creams, and more! Check out Purple Oven in Solenad 2! It offers baked goodies such as brownies, revel bar and other delectable pastries!
7. Others - Of course there are still a lot of things you could do in Nuvali! But, I want these activities to be a surprise for you when you visit the place. So, I really urge you to check out this place.
Summary of Expenses
I'm going to share with you my summary of expenses so you would have an idea of how much you would bring when going to Nuvali, Laguna.
Based on my own experience, you'll be needing about Php650.00 (more or less $16) to enjoy the following:
- 2-hour bicycle rent - Php120.00
- Fish food - Php15.00
- Water taxi (I know that it should be a surprise, but yes, this is one of the other activities you'll enjoy there) - Php30.00
- Lunch (There are not enough fast-food stalls within the area, so you may opt to eat in a fancier restaurant. The lunch expenses would of course vary upon your discretion.) - Php200.00
- Transportation (varies on how far you are from the place) - Php85.00
- Dinner (if you are planning to stay that long) - Php200.00
Now there you have it - Nuvali, Laguna!
I'm sure, once you visit this fantastic place of grandeur, you will immediately fall in love. And after setting foot in Nuvali, you will start clamoring for a greener and healthier lifestyle. Everyday, you will have the urge to re-visit this haven again and again. Needless to say, Nuvali is definitely worth your time and effort, and should be on top of your best and must-see places!
Oh, please do check out my food blog which explores restaurants and food places around the Philippines -
How to Get to Nuvali, Laguna
How to Commute to Nuvali
Take a bus along the Gil Puyat (Buendia) LRT station going to Balibago. Upon passing through the toll exit, there will be a Coca-Cola (Coke) Factory wherein you can take a tricycle going to Paseo de Santa Rosa. The driver definitely knows the place, and all you need to do is to wait before you arrive at your destination.
Enumerated below are some of the possible ways on how you can get to Nuvali.
Driving to Nuvali
It is just simple. Take the SLEX and exit via Sta. Rosa while taking a right turn after going past the tollgate. Just go straight ahead, and in no time you'll find Nuvali. Use the map above as well to guide you.
Travel and Tours Related Hubs
- What to do in Misibis Bay, Philippines - Misibis Bay is known for a luxurious and exclusive vacation destination in the island of Cagraray in Albay of the Philippines. Find out more about the things you can do and enjoy in Misibis Bay!
- Get more from the author by checking out his travel blog at Wander Kid Travels!
Questions & Answers
Question: Does Nuvali have lodging?
Answer: There is Seda Hotel within the vicinity of Nuvali.
Question: Is there an entrance fee to Nuvali?
Answer: No, there is no entrance fee to Nuvali.
Question: Until what time nuvali is open?
Answer: Normally, the shops close around 10:00 p.m. You may still have access to the park, but lights are usually turned off after the "closing hour."
Question: It is okay to bring picnic food to Nuvali?
Answer: We see people doing it, but usually they just have snacks and simple picnic setups.
Question: What time does Nuvali park open?
Answer: The park in itself can be accessed anytime. However, the shops and activities are normally open by 8:00 A.M., and closed by 10:00 PM.
Question: Is it okay to bring along pets in Nuvali?
Answer: Yes. The park is pet-friendly.
© 2012 Renz Kristofer Cheng
Jm on February 01, 2019:
Renz Kristofer Cheng (author) from Manila on January 20, 2019:
@HERMO Yes, it is.
HERMO on January 20, 2019:
whay if i already have a bike? It's free?
Renz Kristofer Cheng (author) from Manila on May 24, 2018:
@Angelica, most of the activites are no longeralternatives available that time. I'm not exactly sure of the time, but I know biking (i.e. renting it), boat ride and fish feeding can only be done probably before 5:00 PM.
Angelica Mae Villano Abad on May 23, 2018:
hello sir renz I just want to ask if the activities are available even at around 6pm?
Renz Kristofer Cheng (author) from Manila on January 09, 2018:
@anne I'm not sure if it has changed, but last time there was no entrance fee
@khen last time there was no restriction as to bringing your pets
kim cruse on January 09, 2018:
i'd like to join a biking group for ladies, mainly in Nuvali but open to other places. Is there a group to go biking with? Trail, road or both....
khen on January 01, 2018:
May i Ask If Dog is Allowed in nuvali park?
Renz Kristofer Cheng (author) from Manila on December 27, 2017:
I don't think they'll allow. There are guards within the perimeter, and I haven't heard about allowing tents. Well, you may want to reach out to Nuvali's contact center.
CARLA on December 26, 2017:
CAN WE STAY OVERNIGHT IN NUVALI WITH OUR TENT? :)
Renz Kristofer Cheng (author) from Manila on November 17, 2017:
Hello there Jay! Unfortunately, I don't have any idea yet about recommended places to stay, but I'll scout and look onto it for my upcoming visit here in Nuvali. :)
Jay Serrano on November 16, 2017:
Renz, do you know any rooms for rent near Nuvali? Good for a day or 2.
Sophia on September 02, 2017:
Hey Ranz, couldn't find the contact numbers of Nuvali. Are dogs allowed in the park? Thinking of bringing my dog there this afternoon for a nice escape.
Renz Kristofer Cheng (author) from Manila on August 28, 2017:
Hello there Jeff! There's a nearby mall that was developed. I checked when I last visited, and it has a lot of restaurants. You'll also find state-of-the-art cinema there. I think it's Solenad 2. Or do you want it to be farther?
By the way, thanks for dropping by!
Jeff Lobo on August 28, 2017:
Hi Renz. I just wanted to know what places can we see near Nuvali? Actually, we will not push thru our plan to visit Nuvali camp but we have already booked hotel near the place. would you know any best place near the camp? thank you!
Renz Kristofer Cheng (author) from Manila on February 05, 2017:
@Kira there is no designated area for picnic. Basically, you can have your picnic almost anywhere in Nuvali. Just pick a chill spot preferably grassy area to have your picnic. :)
Renz Kristofer Cheng (author) from Manila on January 02, 2017:
@Nard You may want to park in Solenad 2 because that's where the good restaurants are. Plus, the Nuvali park is just walks away from the area.
Renz Kristofer Cheng (author) from Manila on October 20, 2016:
Yes, as far as I know, they are open during Sundays. If I can remember it correctly, we visited this place again on a Sunday. Hope this helps.
Mae on October 20, 2016:
Can we visit here this coming Sunday?
Renz Kristofer Cheng (author) from Manila on August 02, 2015:
@zoe unfortunately, you need to check the announcement on their page since it's not a usual thing.
Zoe on August 02, 2015:
Hi, is the outdoor cinema always playing? or there's only a particular time?
?Benson on May 28, 2015:
how to go there from starmall alabang ? ano pwedeng sakyan? planning to go there with my gf.
Angel on March 22, 2015:
hi, can u consider Nuvali as one of the Philippines tourist destination.?
Lee John from Preston on February 05, 2015:
Hi Renz Kristofer Cheng
Great Hub! i Voted up and followed you :) I write travel hubs check mine out and if you could leave feedback id be very grateful :)
Renz Kristofer Cheng (author) from Manila on October 08, 2014:
@RobertConnorIII I couldn't agree more!
Robert Connor from Michigan on September 30, 2014:
So much travel so little time!
Renz Kristofer Cheng (author) from Manila on April 26, 2014:
@Cloudlee Thanks! You should see it too when you visit this country. I heard there are a lot of good sights as well in Vietnam. :)
Cloudlee from Vietnam on April 26, 2014:
Nice place to visit!
Renz Kristofer Cheng (author) from Manila on April 03, 2014:
@ellabuenavida thanks for the suggestion! That will be of great help to everyone!
ellabuenavida on April 03, 2014:
@orlan There's accommodation at Republic Wakepark and there's also Seda Hotel. They've just opened and a deluxe room is Php3,500 per night. I just saw that on their website. Haven't been there but planning to go this weekend. Hope that helps.
Renz Kristofer Cheng (author) from Manila on April 02, 2014:
@orlan I tried googling up a place to say near Nuvali, and the nearest I found is El Cielito Inn in Santa Rosa. It's not particularly grand, but I read that the place decent enough for an overnight stay. I hope this helped you out somehow. :)
Renz Kristofer Cheng (author) from Manila on February 13, 2014:
@Chris You are welcome! I hope you two will enjoy today's Valentine there in Nuvali!
Chris on February 13, 2014:
Perfect for an unconventional valentine's date. I and my girlfriend are dying to get out of the city and do something out of the usual. Thanks for the guide!
Renz Kristofer Cheng (author) from Manila on February 12, 2014:
@Regina Thanks and have a jolly time there in Nuvali! I am very sure you two will enjoy the place!
Regina on February 12, 2014:
Me and my boyfriend are planning to go, to Laguna this Frinday.
Bigla akung na-excite nung nabasa ko yung blog mo, thanks @yougotme! :))
Renz Kristofer Cheng (author) from Manila on December 16, 2013:
There is no entrance fee Tina. :)
tina on December 16, 2013:
is there any entrance fee in nuvali?
Jon on December 10, 2013:
Operating hour?? open 24/7?
Renz Kristofer Cheng (author) from Manila on November 19, 2013:
Hello there Mike! I'm not knowledgeablr about that since I just blogged about it here. I tried looking for a contact number of Nuvali, and I found this +632 864-0402
Hopefully, this helped in a way. :)
mike on November 19, 2013:
can we get pre-nup at nuvali???how much the fee for that???
Renz Kristofer Cheng (author) from Manila on October 23, 2013:
@Faith I think that will not be possible, but I am not sure. Just to be safe, bring with you cooked/packed food instead.
Faith on October 22, 2013:
Hi....just wanna ask if allowed mag ihaw ng barbecue sa picnic area? Thanks!
Renz Kristofer Cheng (author) from Manila on September 26, 2013:
@Jappy, that depends on where you are coming from, but Nuvali is usually visited for a day trip, like we did.
jappy on September 26, 2013:
Can I take a day trip in nuvali and be able to make it back home by night?
Renz Kristofer Cheng (author) from Manila on July 31, 2013:
Hello G! As of the moment I don't have an idea about places to stay, but that's definitely interesting to find out. I'll take a look at it, and inform you here. Thanks for dropping a comment!
G on July 31, 2013:
Where do you recommend a family to stay (like a bed and breakfast or a small hotel) there if you want to spend a few days?
Renz Kristofer Cheng (author) from Manila on July 22, 2013:
Hello there jenny! I just updated this blog post with directions. Hopefully, it will help you out in getting to Nuvali.
jenny on July 22, 2013:
how to go in novali laguna im interesting to go also my frn,,,
ps just txt me f how...09399494106
Renz Kristofer Cheng (author) from Manila on December 03, 2012:
I believe that you may. There are a lot of areas there where you may eat up what you have brought. Many are doing that. And of course, you may have your own transportation.
Sharie on December 03, 2012:
Can we bring our own food and transpo? Thanks!
Renz Kristofer Cheng (author) from Manila on May 27, 2012:
Updated this hub with a Summary of Expenses that would help you assess how much you should bring with you. Also, I've added a poll about how much you spent in Nuvali. This will add more information to other readers. Hope you will take part in it. Thanks!