Best Activities You Should Do and Enjoy in Nuvali, Sta. Rosa Laguna
Tired of the busy environment you are in and all the stress it gives you? Why not take a breather in Laguna, Philippines' finest unwinding spot, Nuvali? Cast all your stress away and enjoy what this place has in store for you!
Escaping the Stress!
Nowadays, people are always in the rush and preoccupied by tons of things. Inevitably, we reach a point where we get exhausted. And we start to feel the weight of all the things we are juggling up, especially work. Some people describe this state as a "toxic state". Hence, most people advice us to seek a heavenly sanctuary once in a while. Practical and intuitive, this suggestion will really prevent us from reaching the toxic state of today's busy living.
In this article, we will explore Laguna's finest unwinding spot, Nuvali. To give you an idea: Nuvali is a place for some a dash of enjoyment, nature immersion and adventure where you can enjoy various activities such as biking, sightseeing, fish feeding and more.
The Shuttle Service
If ever you got tired of walking, there would be shuttle buses within the vicinity. What's great about Nuvali is it offers this shuttle service for free. Unfortunately, as of now, it offers only a ride from Technopark to Nuvali and vice versa. Also, why not try biking?
Trivia: These shuttle buses are powered by electricity, which is partly sourced from solar panels.
Nuvali as a Haven
The Place and its Surroundings
Surrounded by a blissful coat of greens, Nuvali is defintely one of those relaxing places to unwind and to recover from the wear and tear busy living has caused you. Nuvali commits itself to sustainability and evoliving and hence created a cleaner and greener environment for everyone to enjoy. Also, within the huge vicinity, there is a 3 hectare tree nursery and demo farm where you can learn about various tree species and enjoy fun activities at the same time. You'll practically be fully immersed with nature!
Since there are only a few tall buildings within the area, you can vividly see the sunset without anything obscuring your view in almost every location. Unlike in congested cities where we need to go near the bay area (or somewhere with less buildings) just to watch how magnificent the sun bids goodbye. Check out the photos on the left, the last one showcases the beautiful sunset in Nuvali.
Best Activities You'll Enjoy
In Nuvali, you'll not just feasting your eye with wonderful scenery. You'll be motivated to try out some outdoor activities! Here are some of the suggested activities you could do in Nuvali:
1. Biking - Biking is surely one of the best things you could do to fully embrace the lush, vibrant nature and surroundings of the place. And since Nuvali is promoting ecological living, the entire area has biking lanes/trails which made it very convenient for you to bike around. Surely, as you start biking you will be placed under a trance, and time will fly without you knowing. Oh, just in case you don't have a bicycle with you, fret not, because Nuvali rents them out at a generous price of Php60.00 ($1.40) an hour.
2. Sightseeing and Bird Watching - We previously established the fact that the place is a magnificent haven for nature immersion. Hence, you could just sit by the grass and enjoy every breath taking scene. Often times, there would be birds flying by, and so you could burn time watching them gracefully dance in the air. (Check out the photos on the right). Certainly, you'll never run out of things to do in Nuvali. Even so, "doing nothing" is impossible in this place.
3. Fish Feeding - This activity will let you appreciate nature and living creatures even more. Watch the fish as they swarm for every fish food you'll feed out. This is definitely a very relaxing scene to enjoy! Unfortunately though, Nuvali only allows you to feed the fish with the fish food bought from them. But don't worry, they're selling it at a generous price of Php15.00 per pack of fish food. ($0.35). Sounds fair, right?
4. Picnics - Having picnics is a very common yet highly enjoyable thing to do here in Nuvali. If you are with your family or with your special someone, this is a very fancy activity you could enjoy! There is grass mostly everywhere. And you may choose any place to set out your blanket and picnic basket. But I suggest, that you pick the spot near the pond since the view there is more magnificent!
It's rare to see birds of this kind, unless you are here in Nuvali, Laguna! It's so breathtaking!
5. Outdoor Movie - Now this is something interesting! We thought that the days when people watch movie outdoor were long over! Now, Nuvali is bringing that "tradition" back all over again! You can get updates on when they show films in their Facebook page.
6. Food Tripping - There are a lot of food joints within the area. If you are looking forward to satisfy your cravings, then this activity will be the best for you. There are restaurants that offer burgers, seafood, snacks, ice creams, and more! Check out Purple Oven in Solenad 2! It offers baked goodies such as brownies, revel bar and other delectable pastries!
7. Others - Of course there are still a lot of things you could do in Nuvali! But, I want these activities to be a surprise for you when you visit the place. So, I really urge you to check out this place.
How much did you spend in Nuvali?
Summary of Expenses
I'm going to share with you my summary of expenses so you would have an idea of how much you would bring when going to Nuvali, Laguna.
Based on my own experience, you'll be needing about Php650.00 (more or less $16) to enjoy the following:
- 2-hour bicycle rent - Php120.00
- Fish food - Php15.00
- Water taxi (I know that it should be a surprise, but yes, this is one of the other activities you'll enjoy there) - Php30.00
- Lunch (There are not enough fast-food stalls within the area, so you may opt to eat in a fancier restaurant. The lunch expenses would of course vary upon your discretion.) - Php200.00
- Transportation (varies on how far you are from the place) - Php85.00
- Dinner (if you are planning to stay that long) - Php200.00
Now there you have it - Nuvali, Laguna!
I'm sure, once you visit this fantastic place of grandeur, you will immediately fall in love. And after setting foot in Nuvali, you will start clamoring for a greener and healthier lifestyle. Everyday, you will have the urge to re-visit this haven again and again. Needless to say, Nuvali is definitely worth your time and effort, and should be on top of your best and must-see places!
Oh, please do check out my food blog which explores restaurants and food places around the Philippines -
How to Get to Nuvali, Laguna
Nuvali is nestled between the cities of Sta. Rosa & Calamba and the municipality of Cabuyao in Laguna. Make sure to put this on top of your list!
How to Commute to Nuvali
Take a bus along the Gil Puyat (Buendia) LRT station going to Balibago. Upon passing through the toll exit, there will be a Coca-Cola (Coke) Factory wherein you can take a tricycle going to Paseo de Santa Rosa. The driver definitely knows the place, and all you need to do is to wait before you arrive at your destination.
Enumerated below are some of the possible ways on how you can get to Nuvali.
Driving to Nuvali
It is just simple. Take the SLEX and exit via Sta. Rosa while taking a right turn after going past the tollgate. Just go straight ahead, and in no time you'll find Nuvali. Use the map above as well to guide you.
Travel and Tours Related Hubs
- What to do in Misibis Bay, Philippines - Misibis Bay is known for a luxurious and exclusive vacation destination in the island of Cagraray in Albay of the Philippines. Find out more about the things you can do and enjoy in Misibis Bay!
- Get more from the author by checking out his travel blog at Wander Kid Travels!
Questions & Answers
Does Nuvali have lodging?
There is Seda Hotel within the vicinity of Nuvali.Helpful 33
Is there an entrance fee to Nuvali?
No, there is no entrance fee to Nuvali.Helpful 26
It is okay to bring picnic food to Nuvali?
We see people doing it, but usually they just have snacks and simple picnic setups.Helpful 20
- Helpful 6
Until what time nuvali is open?
Normally, the shops close around 10:00 p.m. You may still have access to the park, but lights are usually turned off after the "closing hour."Helpful 13
© 2012 Renz Kristofer Cheng