Hi! I am a content creator, vlogger and blogger. My niches include dating, fashion, beauty, travel, health and fitness.
The Batangas Beach Resort
Batangas, just at least a two-hour drive away from Manila (sans the traffic and via the SLEX), is well known for its beaches and dive spots. Located in Southern Luzon, the area is popular for its pristine waters, white sand beaches, and beach resorts. Some of these well-visited beach areas can be found in Anilao, Laiya, Mabini, and Calatagan. These popular beach areas offer a great opportunity to spend quality time with loved ones in a very serene and picturesque setting.
Batangas is also well-known for its world-famous diving spots. Diving enthusiasts both local and foreign have enjoyed and raved about the unique diving experience. These dive resorts have mostly certified PADI instructors to cater diving enthusiasts in all levels.
So what are you waiting for? Stock up on tanning lotion, don your favorite swimsuit, and lug your diving equipment for that unforgettable beach experience. Bask in the sun, go diving or snorkeling, engage in aqua sports, or simply enjoy the water and company of friends. This list will be your guide to help you find the best Batangas beach resorts.
Anilao is located in Mabini, Batangas and is home to one of the most famous beaches in the southern Philippine province. Anilao is known for its white sand shores, clear blue waters, and beautiful diving sites.
Here are just some of the resorts in Anilao.
- Aguila Beach Resort
- Anilao Outrigger Resort
- Aquaventure Reef Club (diving)
- Balai Resort
- Bambu Villa Resort, formerly Maharlika Resort (diving)
- Dive7000 Resort (diving)
- Dive Solana Resort
- Eagle Point Resort
- Punto Miguel White Beach
- Vistamar Beach Resort and Hotel
HOW TO GET TO ANILAO
- From Manila, take the SLEX. Make an exit at the end of SLEX and drive towards Sto. Tomas.
- Make the turn to the STAR Tollway Entrance (about about seven km from the SLEX exit).
- Drive all the way to end of STAR tollway (about 42 km) and take the exit at the end. You will pass these exits: Sambat, Malvar Lipa, and Ibaan.
- Drive about two km towards Batangas Port. Make a turn at the Bauan Road Overpass.
- Drive about six km towards the Bauan-Mabini junction. You will pass Sta. Rita and San Pascual before reaching the junction.
- From Bauan-Mabini junction, drive nine km up to the Mabini-Anilao junction. You will pass a Petron depot (gas station) two km before you reach that junction.
- Upon reaching Mabini-Anilao junction, take the turn towards Anilao and drive 1.6 km.
- You have reached Anilao! Take your pick of the resorts in the area.
Map to Anilao
Vistamar Beach Resort and Hotel
Laiya Beach is nestled in the quiet coastal town of San Juan, Batangas. The coasts of Laiya and Hugom are home to some of the most popular beach resorts in the area known for its gray/white sand and pristine blue waters.
These are a few of the best resorts on the Laiya and Hugom coast in San Juan:
- Acuatico Beach Resort
- Acuaverde Resort
- Balai sa Laiya
- Blue Coral Beach Resort
- Estrellas de Mendoza Playa Resorts
- Kabayan Resort
- Estrellas de Mendoza Playa Resorts
- Hugom Beach
- Kabayan Resort
- La Luz
- Laiya Coco Grove
- Laiya White Cove
- Les Careibes
- Mahabang Buhangin
- Lucky 7 Beach Resort
- Palm Beach
- Triple G
- Villa Sulit
HOW TO GET TO LAIYA
- Take the SLEX and drive all the way to second-to-last exit (Exit 50) going to Batangas-Lucena-Legazpi.
- Drive 6.5 km towards the STAR Tollway entrance.
- Drive 20 km on the STAR Tollway and take the Lipa exit. Make a right turn towards Lipa City.
- Take the road leading to Lipa City until you see La Salle Lipa on the left and a Petronstation on the right. When you see a McDonalds restaurant at a Y-intersection, make a right turn. You will be on C.M. Recto Avenue.
- Drive straight until you see a Mercury drugstore on a corner. Make a right turn onto P. Torres Street. Drive about 8.5 km towards the town of Padre Garcia.
- Turn left when you see the sign for Padre Garcia. Drive all the way until you see Padre Garcia Public Market. Make a right turn after the market.
- Continue approximately 5 km and merge onto Rosario Road. Drive all the way into San Juan, about 20 km.
- When you see the sign to Batangas Racing Circuit, take the left side of the road. This will take you to San Juan town.
- Upon reaching San Juan, drive until you reach the San Juan Municipal Hall and make an immediate right turn. You are now on the main road going to Laiya.
Laiya Resort Highlights
Balai sa Laiya: A down-to-earth resort perfect for families looking to spend quiet time together.
La Luz: Small pebbles abound on this resort's shoreline. La Luz offers a tranquil escape for the weary body and tired mind. Get a massage in one of its beach cabanas for the ultimate relaxation.
Matabungkay is one of the best beaches in Batangas due to its crystal-clear waters and white sand (though not as white as found in Boracay). The five km stretch of beach in Matabungkay is a quiet haven for beach-lovers.Matabungkay Beach is located in Lian, Batangas. You might not find white sand in these part of Batangas but the clean waters and water sports activities the resorts offer will make up for it.
There are a number of resorts dotting this beach and if you are up for water activities, snorkeling or simply swimming to your heart's desire, then you are in for a treat. Resort operators have their own boats to take you into the best snorkeling spots.
Matabungkay Beach is accessible from Manila and is a popular weekend or day trip getaway. The fastest way to get their is via SLEX if you bring your own car while travel by bus can take anywhere between 4-7 hours depending on time of the week and traffic conditions.
Popular resorts in the area include the following:
- Al Fresco
- Al Pader
- Fred Beach Resort
- Matabungkay Beach Resort & Hotel
- La Primavera Beach Resort
- The Coral Beach Club
HOW TO GET THERE
- Take the SLEX and take the Sta. Rosa or Silang Exit.
- Drive up to Tagaytay. After km 92, turn right toward Lian and Nasugbo.
- When you see the Shell station, make a left turn toward Lian and Calatagan.
- Drive straight on the Calatagan road until you find signs pointing to the beach resorts.
The Calatagan peninsula is a favorite escape for Manila's rich and famous. No wonder. This piece of heaven is known as the "Forbes Park of the South" (after the wealthy Forbes Park community of Manila). Many wealthy families own estates in the famous beachfront.
Best for : Snorkeling and Diving
Since Calatagan beach is characterized by rocky shorelines, most of the resorts in the area offer pool facilities (although some still have fabulous beach front). If you are looking for beach swimming activities, Calatagan might not be the spot for you. However, if you love snorkeling and diving activities, it can be your dream escape.
Popular resorts in Calatagan include:
- Blue Waters Beach House
- Coral Shores
- Golden Sunset Village & Spa
- Hidden Virgin Beach
- Ivory Coast
- Lago de Oro
- Pantalan Beach Resort
- Playa Calatagan
- Punta Baluarte
- Ronco Beach
- STILTS Calatagan Resort
- White Castle Resort and Hotel
HOW TO GET TO CALATAGAN
Calatagan is approximately 125 km from Manila and may be reached by car in 2.5 to 3 hours either on the SLEX-STAR Tollway or by using the Aguinaldo Highway. The best route depends upon the time of day. Traffic can be a nightmare on the Tagaytay Ridge during peak season, such as the Holy week (the week before Easter), when people flock these areas. To be safe, travel early (before sunrise) to get to your destination without hassle.
Calatagan via SLEX:
- Take the SLEX, exit at Sta. Rosa and drive up all the way to Tagaytay, around 21 km.
- From Tagaytay, drive all the way south heading towards Nasugbu, Batangas. You will encounter Tagaytay Rotonda. Look for a 7-11 store and take that road. Drive for about 1.5 hours until you reach Tuy town, where you will find the Nasugbo-Lian junction. There will be road signs to guide you from here.
- Upon reaching the Nasugbo-Lian Junction, turn left. You will cross a bridge. Drive 1.8 km until you reach Lian town proper. Expect to drive about an hour more.
- Drive straight (about 11 km) until you reach a junction (Matabungkay) which leads to the highway to Balayan then to Calatagan town.
- Drive 13.5 kms to Calatagan town. Once there, drive until you see St. Domino de Silos Church, then make a right turn onto St. Domingo Street.
- Make a left turn at M. Apacible Street and drive 2.5 km. You will find a line of resorts.
Bauan, Batangas is home to a long stretch of rocky beach ideal for diving. There are many coral formations, so visitors looking for Boracay-quality fine white sand are advised to look elsewhere. Nevertheless, Bauan beach offers activities and excitement to anyone looking for great weekend.
A bit of trivia: Philippine Vice President Jejomar Binay hails from Bauan, Batangas.
Some resorts in Bauan include the following:
- Coconut Hills at Sampaguita Beach
- Portulano Dive Resort
- Rosana Beach Resort
- Rosemund Resort
- Sampaguita Resort
HOW TO GET TO BAUAN
Please refer to directions in going to Anilao in the first part of the article.
A Bauan Highlight
Sampaguita Resort: Known as a "virgin" resort, this spot offers simple accommodations consisting of huts and very basic amenities.
Other Beach Resorts in Batangas
Kabayan Beach in San Juan:
- Kabayan Beach Resorts (former Laplaya Resort)
Lobo Beach is approximately 37 km from Batangas City:
- Almalin Beach Resort
- Gerthel Beach Resort: One km stretch of whitesand beach located in Lobo beautiful enough to tickle any sun worshipper's fancy.
- Adams Beach Resort
- Cool Wave
- Canyon Cove
- El Cacar
- Munting Buhangin
- Maya Maya Reef Club (in Natipunan)
We want to know what you think!
© 2012 Shan Moore